The next super or as they are being called now "Hypercar" Ferrari was unvalued at the 2013 Geneva Auto Show.
Here are some of the amazing stats Ferrari gives us on this mix of art, technology, and engineering.
- The body is comprised of 4 different types of carbon fiber
- The engine is a 6.3 liter V-12
- 7 speed dual-clutch transmission.
- Hy-KERS (kinetic energy recovery system) like in their Formula 1 cars
- A staggering 963 horsepower
- 660 pound-feet of toque
As far as performance, Ferrari isn't saying much, but it should do 0 to 186 mph in 15 seconds! The jaw dropping performance owes much to the light weight nature of the car, only 2,800 pounds. That is is amazingly light. Compare it to the Ferrari supercar of the 80's that came in at about 3,500 pounds.
I can't wait for the car to be handed over to the big auto magazines for testing. It is sure to blow the doors off of anything will four wheels.